A Note From Stefanie . . .
I have been fortunate to work in many amazing positions and contracts that I have loved, each for different reasons, throughout the years. I have enjoyed working for myself, being autonomous, and doing a wide variety of creative projects over the last 20+ years. I have successfully completed marketing projects of all kinds and planned events, big and small, for individuals, small businesses, organizations, Fortune 500 companies and even a few political figures! I have spent my career learning, creating, and volunteering in a many ways, through many unique experiences. For three years, I truly enjoyed every minute of working with B&F and managing all of their corporate marketing and event planning needs. There we worked closely with many municipalities through Code Enforcement. It was a great learning experience! Before that, I held a long-term contract working with CDW's marketing team, and I found great satisfaction in earning that contract and maintaining it, performing a variety of creative and graphic design contracts for them over several years. Working for a large, Fortune 500 company as a contractor was a unique and rewarding endeavor! But I have to say, working at the newspaper for four years was one of my all-time favorite jobs! What I really enjoyed most was doing the graphic layout of the newspaper, cover to cover. I always describe it like “doing a digital puzzle.” Of course, we had to place the display ads first, since they were paid! Then based off of the ad space sold, we decided how many pages we could afford to print and if we would have color in the center or on the back. For the most part, I chose what went on the frontpage, center spreads, and backpage. And then I would piece together the rest of the newspaper with the remaining week’s articles and photos to fill the space. Sometimes we needed to add more content and draw from the "feature articles" that weren't necessarily timely. Sometimes it was crowded, a busy news week, or low ad sales, and we were cutting things out or making photos smaller to fit in the more important content. It was challenging and a lot of fun piecing the newspaper together each week. Additionally, I was responsible for all of the photo and copy editing for articles that contained photos. I would lay them out, fitting them into "units", so that they were ready to pull neatly into the newspaper. We had seven towns that we printed newspapers for each week. I also managed the photographers and journalists and assigned their jobs. I bylined many news and feature articles myself and did my own photojournalism. When I first started in 2002, we were still hand carrying the printed CMYK pages to the printer in a box! After a year or two, we finally went digital and uploaded papers to an FTP, which made everything so much easier and more efficient. While I have enjoyed all of my jobs and contracts, this one had to be the most interesting.! Below you will find a SMALL sampling of some products I have produced over the years for various projects, contracts and positions.
Portfolio Pieces Included below . . .
- Content / Copy Writing, Photography, Graphic Design, and Graphic Layout for over 20 years. - Marketing Design work for Small & Large Businesses and Nonprofit Organizations
- News Media - Newspaper Layout - Local Newspaper, 28-56 Pages generally. Page layouts and complete cover-to-cover layout for 4 years. Copy/photo editor and Staff Manager of the photographers and journalists. Bylined news and feature articles, as well as did a great deal of photojournalism. Unfortunately the hard copies that were saved over the years were lost in an out-of-state move. Recovery of the documents has not been as fruitful as hoped.
- Business Display Ads For Newspapers, Magazines, Internet, social media, etc. for various business over 20+ years.
- Brochures / Postcards - Quadfold, Trifold, Bifold, Multi-Page, tear & send, etc. Services Brochures, Booklets - 4-20 Pages
- Education - Course Catalogs, Student Handbooks - 20-36 Pages
- Human Resources, Internal - Employee Wellness, Company Benefits, etc. posters, brochures, Newsletters, and bulletin boards.
- Logo'd Premiums / Tradeshow Giveaways - design, creation, acquisition & negotiation as needed. - Photography Samples: Objects - Food - People - Companies - Career - Nature - Animals - Buildings - Travel - News
All Newspaper Articles and Photos shown, labeed, herein are copyright & credited to Examiner Publications, Bartlett, IL. 4/2002-2/2006.)
PARDON OUR DUST AS WE REDESIGN THIS AREA
Click the Picture
All Newspaper Articles and Photos shown herein are copyright & credited to Examiner Publications, Bartlett, IL, where Stefanie (Moylan) Dozier worked from 4/2002 - 2/2006 as the Photo Editor, Independent Contractor, with the duties of writer, editor, photo editor, photographer, page & newspaper layout.artist., and reporter / photographer assignment manager.
Copyright Examiner Publications, Bartlett, IL